Monday, December 3, 2007

Road Trip

I've spent the last couple of days with Norion in the car driving from San Francisco to Portland, OR. He very wisely decided to break the trip in 2 segments, allowing it only to be about 4 hours for me in the car.

I was really worried about travelling such a long distance, but now that it's over I'm glad I came along. One thing about sickle cell is that we've gotta worry about blood pooling in the legs and causing clotting issues, especially when you are sedentary for hours at a time.

I did get out every couple of hours to walk around and it didn't feel bad at all. The only drawback really has been the awful cold, rainy weather. I'm still not sure I have a viable solution to that yet, but hopefully I will come up with something soon.

You would think that having grown up in Michigan, and lived in Baltimore for so many years I would be prepared for the coldness, but truly the last 2 years in the Bay Area have spoiled my capability of what is considered dressing warmly.

I'm going to Target tomorrow to stock up on thermals and thicker socks. My ass is freezing.

Cheers.

1 comment:

MATINA said...

I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.