Friday, September 7, 2007

Flying With Sickle Cell Revisited

Okay everyone, as you can see I'm back, alive and well. I survived both flights with only L3s on the first one (which I quickly handled with a double dose of Vicodin/Benadryl) and L2s on the return trip. I did remember to walk every hour up and down the aisle and drank water like it was going out of style. I know the flight attendants were probably tired of my constant requests for water, but at least I stayed hydrated.

All in all it was a really great trip and I'm glad I went. Even though I thought I might fall sick, it didn't happen. Yay---go me!

1 comment:

overactive-imagination said...

That's awesome news. I'm glad that you are aware of how to "prevent" or at least lower your chances of having a crisis. Glad to know you made your destination and that all is well.
Dawn