Monday, August 20, 2007

Ague

Hey peoples!

The good news is that I'm still not sick. The bad news is that it's been 3 months already. My intuition is silently ticking that there is a crises coming around the corner give or take 3-4 weeks. The thing about this is that although sometimes a crises catches me totally unawares, for the most part, I do get a vague sense of unease and increased fatigue prior to another one.

The unease I usually ascribe to stress and worry, and trust me, I can worry like no man's business. But the fatigue is a red flag---because when I'm consistently constantly tired, it means that my blood levels are dropping and I'm getting anemic. Which means that my body is rapidly producing more cells to make up for it. More regular RBCs mean more sickle cells in the mix too. All I need is a precursor like an infection, dehydration, my period or other and bam! Homegirl is chilling in the hospital for a few days.

Sigh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Try to stay positive sis. Keep your thoughts positive and PRAY! My daughter and I will kick in some prayers for you too.